Looking for a flavorful and easy-to-make BBQ sauce? Try out my homemade salsa BBQ sauce! It’s a tangy and smoky sauce that will add a kick to your grilled meats and veggies.
To make this sauce, simply combine your favorite salsa with a few ingredients and let it simmer for 15-20 minutes and voilà! You’ve got a delicious sauce that will make your taste buds dance.
Serve it as a dipping sauce or use it to baste your grilled chicken, pork, or beef. It is amazing on ribs! Trust me, your guests will love it!
What’s your favorite BBQ sauce recipe? Share in the comments below:
- 1½ cup your favorite salsa (homemade or store-bought)
- 2 tbsp avocado oil
- ¼ cup diced onions
- ½ can tomato paste (6 oz. can)
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup Swerve (low calorie natural sweetener). Add more or less according to taste
- 1 tbsp liquid smoke
- 1 tbsp Worchester sauce
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper, to taste
- In a medium sauce, pan on medium heat, add onions, and avocado oil. Sauté until translucent.
- Then add salsa, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar and Swerve or your favorite zero calorie natural sweetener. Stir until well combined.
- Add liquid smoke, garlic powder, onion powder, smoked paprika, salt, and pepper. Stir until all ingredients are well combined. Bring the mixture to a simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to low and let the sauce simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from heat and let the sauce cool for a few minutes before using.
- Serve as a dipping sauce or use it to baste your favorite grilled meats.