I love my cast iron skillet chicken thigh recipes. This Honey Sriracha Chicken with Soy Sauce recipe packs tons of flavor, heat and a little bit of sweet. Throwing it into a skillet makes this dish super simple and easy😁. Honey, Sriracha and a bit of soy sauce, takes these chicken thighs to another dimension. This is definitely a “winner, winner chicken dinner!”
You can have the chickens prepared and marinating ahead of time or you can just put it all together in a flash. All these amazing flavors, the honey, sriracha and the soy sauce may soon make this one of your new favorites. This recipe is super simple and best of all, the oven does all the work. This Honey Sriracha Chicken with Soy Sauce will really be a hit that will keep your family and friends coming back for more.
A Super Simple Chicken Thigh Recipe
I don’t like making more work for myself because I am usually in a hurry or I’m running late or I forgot to defrost something for dinner. Raise your hand if this is you. if you have time, by all means marinate, but if you want your chicken to be tasty and time is not on your side, then this is the recipe for you!
- 6 chicken thighs – skin on and bone in
- ⅓ cup honey
- 3 tbsp Sriracha sauce
- ½ cup soy sauce
- 1 1 medium onion , chopped
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger , peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves garlic , crushed
- 2 scallions , chopped (set some aside for garnish)
- 1 tbsp sesame seed oil
- Kosher salt , to taste
- ground black pepper , to taste
- Preheat your oven to 400F degrees.
- Rinse chicken. Pat chicken thighs dry with paper towel and place the chicken into a bowl. Add honey, sriracha sauce and soy sauce. Then add onions, scallions, ginger and salt and black pepper then mix together and make sure all ingredients are well incorporated.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinade chicken for 30 minutes to 2 hours, if time allows, in the refrigerator. This step is optional.
- Place the chicken thighs and all of the contents in the skillet skin-side up. Then put the skillet in the oven and bake for 30-35 mins until the chicken reaches an internal temperature at 165°F.
- When the chicken is cooked, spoon some of the sauce over the top of each chicken thigh. Top with scallion before serving.
- Serve with plain white or brown rice, Udon stir fry noodles or steamed vegetables.
- For less heat add 3 tablespoons of Sriracha. For extra heat add 5 tablespoons of the Sriracha.
- Let me know if this is your new favorite. Leave me a comment