These Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots are sweet, savory and delicious, an ideal side dish for holiday cooking. I always buy of a 1 pound bag of carrots when I do my grocery shopping but end up throwing them away because I forget to cook them lol. Does this ever happened to you?
This recipe is a game changer!. It has become my go to carrot recipe, a way to ensure that my carrots don’t go to waste anymore. Besides they are also becoming a popular family favorite.
Can I use rainbow carrots?
Yes! I bet you could use baby carrots, but those are machine designed carrots. And you don’t want to eat that. If you can get your hands on some organic carrots or fresh from the farmers’ market, by all means get them! But the supermarket carrots will do.
Should I peel the carrots before cooking them?
You can if you want, but if you wash them really well that will work too. Peeling the carrots makes them more appealing and gives the dish a “finished” appearance.
- 1 lb carrots, peeled (whole or cut into halves or thirds)
- 3 tbsp honey
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp powdered ginger
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- ½ tsp powdered garlic
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- fresh thyme for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, and salt and pepper. Toss carrots with glaze.
- In a large cast iron pan. Bake for 15-25 minutes (less time for smaller carrots), Turn and stir once during cooking, until carrots are tender.
- Use fresh thyme for garnish (optional)