You’ve got to try this easy Carrot and Almond Salad! I came up with it on a whim. I wanted to have some color on the plate and decided to go with carrots. They have natural sweetness, fiber and vitamin A. Eating them is a win-win. This is super simple to prepare and is easily paired with your favorite summer and fall dishes or just for a light snack.
- a handful of sliced almonds
- 5-6 carrots , grated, shredded
- 1-2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1-2 tsp sugar (or use a health sugar substitute)
- 1 tsp fresh ginger , very finely grated (optional)
- Wash, trim and shred the carrots. You can use a grater or a food processor.
- Add carrots to a large bowl. Next add apple cider vinegar, sugar, sliced almonds and ginger (optional).
- Toss and serve.
- Toast the almonds in a small pan on medium heat, tossing occasionally until golden.
- Add fresh chopped cilantro
- You can also use the spiralizer for the carrots to give it more pizazz