What do you do when friends stop by and you can’t run to the store? Make some delicious, quick and easy Hummus with Tahini 🥣 – served with homemade flatbread. I try to have a can of chickpeas, limes and tahini on hand just for moments like these. This recipe is super simple and in no time you have a scrumptious appetizer.
- extra virgin olive oil
- Cayenne pepper
- fresh or dried parsley
- Add all the ingredients to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend for 1-2 minutes on medium speed
- For a creamier texture, blend for 30 more seconds and add more chickpea liquid (aquafaba), for a softer hummus texture.
- Add the hummus to a serving plate and garnish with olive oil, paprika and fresh parsley.
- Serve with Pita chips, flatbread, chips, carrots, cucumbers, and/or celery
- Hummus will last for up to a week in the fridge, in a sealed container.
- Another option is to freeze the hummus in sealed containers for future use, then just thaw as needed.