I love Fettuccine Alfredo but it doesn’t love me back. I particularly love the creamy Alfredo sauce but because of my dairy allergy I am not able to enjoy it (believe me, I’ve tried). Thanks to this Cauliflower Pumpkin Alfredo recipe, I am able to experience a taste I love so much without paying the price.
- 4 cups Cauliflower florets fresh, not frozen
- 1 cup pumpkin puree not pumpkin pie filling
- 1 cup almond milk unsweetened
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 onion chopped
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1-2 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 1/2 tsp pumpkin spice
- 1/4 tsp allspice
- 1/4 cup vegan butter or butter
- kosher salt
- fresh ground black pepper
Directions for the Cauliflower
- Put florets in a sauce pan and put water enough to cover. Add one tsp of salt to the water. Bring to a full boil and boil till fork tender 4-6 minutes. Drain and set aside.
Directions for the Pumpkin Alfredo Sauce
- In a large skillet add oil, onions and garlic over medium heat. Cook until onions are translucent for about 3-5 minutes. Add butter, pumpkin puree and almond milk. Blend in the skillet until puree is well incorporated.
- Next add sage, pumpkin spice, allspice, nutmeg and nutritional yeast. Mix together well and add salt and black pepper. Stir in ingredients. Let simmer on low for 5 minutes. Add cauliflower florets to sauce and toss together. Serve and enjoy!
- Make it vegan by using dairy free butter
- If you are not dairy free, you are welcome to replace nutritional yeast with parmesan cheese.