For the honey soy baked chicken recipe, chicken drumsticks are oven baked in savory honey and soy sauce to create a deliciously tasty dish that your family and friends will enjoy. I have made the honey soy baked chicken many times in the past. It is a quick and easy recipe that combines chicken with a healthy carbohydrate to provide a lunch or dinner dish.
What part of the chicken should I use?
You may use any other cut of chicken, such as breasts, wings or thighs. However be aware that different cuts of chicken require different cooking times.
How can I tell when my chicken has been cooked?
A meat thermometer is the most reliable way to ensure that chicken is cooked through. When the chicken is done, insert the thermometer in the thickest or most meaty portion of the bird. The temperature should read 165ºF.
- 8 chicken legs
- ½ tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp pink Himalayan salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- ¼ cup soy sauce or tamari (substitute soy sauce for Tamari for Gluten-free)
- ½ cup honey
- Wash chicken legs with water and white vinegar in a bowl.
- Place chicken in a roasting pan or glass Pyrex dish and add minced and powdered garlic, Italian seasonings, ginger powder, soy sauce honey, salt and pepper and mix thoroughly.
- Bake for 15 minutes then flip them and then bake for 20 to 25 minutes. Insert meat thermometer into the thickest part of the chicken to ensure that the temperature is 165ºF before taking it out of the oven.
- Serve over rice, cauliflower rice or noodles