Salsa Rice is a great choice as a side dish with grilled meats, fish. If you are a rice lover you could just enjoy it alone. Whatever your preference is, this is a simple, quick meal when you have had a rough day and just don’t feel like cooking.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion , chopped
- 1 tsp garlic , minced
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 cup salsa , chunky mild or medium
- 1½ cups Jasmine rice
- 2 cups reduced sodium chicken or vegetable broth, or water
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oil in a medium size sauce pot over medium heat. Stir in onions, garlic and cumin and cook until tender, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add salsa and rice and stir. Add chicken broth or water and stir again.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes, until liquid has been absorbed and serve.