Would like some Chickpea Bolognese? Yes! Chickpea Bolognese served over roasted spaghetti squash with chopped spinach and parsley on top is a quick and easy meal that is oh SO good! Sometimes you’re wondering what else can I do with these chickpeas. So here’s another delightful way to enjoy them!
- 2 spaghetti squashes , cut in halves
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic , minced
- ½ large onion , chopped
- 1 medium carrot , chopped
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 can chickpeas (15 oz.) , drained and rinsed
- ½ tsp cumin
- Dash of cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- ¼ cup water
- 3 handfuls of spinach , chopped
- 2 sprigs of parsley , finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Cut spaghetti squash in half, scoop out seeds, and drizzle olive oil and sprinkle salt and pepper. Turn cut side down and place in the oven and bake for 30-40 minutes or until edges are slightly browned.
- Remove from oven and turn them over. Allow to cool. Scrape out the strands using a fork and place onto a plate.
- Preheat a large skillet on medium heat and add 3 tbsp. olive oil, garlic and onion. Cook for 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then add chickpeas and carrots. Then add salt, black pepper, Italian seasonings, cumin, and cayenne pepper.
- Next add tomato sauce and remaining Italian seasoning. Reduce the heat to medium low, cover and Cook for 5-7 minutes, and add the water stirring a few times and allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes.
- Add spinach on top of the plated spaghetti squash, then chickpea Bolognese and parsley and serve!
- Serve with dairy free parmesan