What’s for dinner? Yummy Stuffed Sweet Potato with Ground Turkey. This is a quick and easy meal for lunch or dinner. I love this one because it is a nice blend of sweetness and saltiness to make your tummy happy. You can stuff sweet potato with a lot of different foods and ingredients. For this recipe I stuffed the sweet potato with ground turkey cooked with olive oil, onions, red chili flakes, tomatoes, cumin, basil, salt and black pepper.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 lbs ground turkey
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium onion , sliced
- ¼ cup grape tomatoes , cut in half
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Kosher Salt , to taste
- ground pepper , to taste
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 3 handfuls of fresh spinach , torn
- Preheat the oven to 425º. On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, prick the sweet potatoes with a fork all and put them in the oven. Bake until tender, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool, then split the tops open with a knife. Or you can make them in the microwave on HIGH until tender, 4 to 5 minutes. Let the potatoes cool and set aside before cutting them on top.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add olive oil, onions, red chili flakes tomatoes and sauté for about 3-4 minutes. Then add the ground turkey, cumin, basil, salt and black pepper and cook, breaking up ground turkey with a meat chopper. Incorporate all the ingredients together in the skillet and until turkey is fully cooked then add tomato paste and mix it in thoroughly for about 2-3 minutes. Then add spinach and mix together. Reheat sweet potato in the oven (350) microwave 5 -7 minutes or in the microwave for 1-2. Spoon the turkey mixture into sweet potato skin. And serve.