The Ginger Lime Refresher is a refreshing and energizing drink suitable for any occasion. You can have a glass first thing in the morning or as a delicious pick me up in the middle of the day, served over ice or at room temperature.
My mom is a strong believer in ginger. When I was little she would give me homemade cough syrup infused with ginger. She would also give it to me when I was nauseous. Ginger can also be used as an essential ingredient in many dishes. Ginger is used a lot in Asian cuisine, like in my Honey Soy Chicken.
The Ginger Lime Refresher combines lime with the ginger, to create a drink with vibrant and robust flavors. You can also add mint, honey, or a non sugar sweetener to add a touch of sweetness to this drink. This drink only takes minutes to prepare.
You can use your favorite sparkling water in place of water to add a carbonated flavor. I like Pellegrino, but you chose the one you love! It will taste almost like ginger beer.
- Pairing Knife
- 1 piece ginger (about the size of your hand)
- 5 limes
- 5 cups water
- Peel and remove the skin off the ginger and limes. Cut limes and ginger into pieces
- Add the pieces of limes and ginger to blender. Add 1/2 cup of water to the blender. Blend for 1 minute. If you do not have a blender then you can juice the limes and grate the ginger.
- Place a strainer over a pitcher and pour the contents of the blender into the strainer. Then add 5 cups of water to the pitcher and mix thoroughly. Serve over ice.
- Add sweetener – monk fruit, stevia or honey
- Add a sprig of mint
- To make extra spicy add more ginger or a dash of cayenne pepper