Healthy eating is so important. I get my family on board by making healthy and fun foods like this Quinoa Power Bowl. Our Quinoa Power Bowl features meatballs packed with proteins from hemp hearts. These meatballs are made with onions, garlic, chili flakes with some hemp hearts to bind it together. It’s filled with protein, nutrients and vitamins and it cooks similarly to rice. This can be one of your go to meals for meals for the week for lunch or for dinner. This meal gets an A+ in our house. I hope it’s a hit in your home, too.
Toppings for the power bowl
- 2 cups romaine lettuce , chopped
- 1 cup carrots , shredded
- 1 cup tomatoes , chopped
- ½ onions , chopped
- ½ cup English cucumber
Smoking Mayo Sauce
- 1 cup mayo (vegan or regular)
- 2 tsp lime juice
- dash of Cayenne pepper
- dash of salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp paprika , smoked
- 1 cup quinoa , rinsed
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 1¾ cup vegetable stock, chicken stock or water
Directions for Mayo
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and mix. Drizzle a little or a lot over your quinoa power bowl.
Directions for meatballs
- Heat oven to 400°F. Line 13×9-inch pan with parchment paper. In a medium skillet, add oil, onions, and chili flakes and sauté on medium heat for 4-6 minutes. Then set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, mix beef, hemp hearts, cumin, garlic powder, Italian seasonings and mix together. Then add sautéed mixture and mix into beef. Shape into balls. It should make 20-24 balls. Then place 1 inch apart in the pan.
- Bake uncovered for 18 to 22 minutes or until temperature reaches 160°F and no longer pink in the center.
- Add quinoa, meatballs and toppings of your choice to the bowl and smoking mayo sauce and enjoy!
Directions for Quinoa
- Pour olive oil in a medium pot on medium heat and add quinoa.
- Sauté in the pot for 2-3 minutes then add stock of your choice or water and bring to a boil, cover, reduce the heat, and simmer for 15 minutes.