This crunchy spicy chickpeas roasted chickpeas recipe is the perfect salty, crunchy snack or can be a nice addition to a salad. This would go so well with the Quinoa Power Bowl. It’s a great way to get some extra protein in your diet. They are spiced with smoked paprika, cumin and a hint of cayenne to give that extra kick. You will never enjoy canned chickpeas the same way after you try this one!
- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas
- ½ onion , finely chopped
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Cayenne pepper to taste
- kosher salt to taste
- black pepper to taste
- Rinse and drain chickpeas. Shaking and place them on a towel and let dry.
- In a large skillet add oil and onions and sauté for 2-3 minutes. Then add chickpeas to the pan as well as cumin, smoked paprika, salt and pepper. Sauté in the pan for 15 minutes mixing them about the pan every 3-4 minutes.
- Allow to cool for about 10 minutes before storing; the chickpeas will crisp up even more as they cool.
- Eat it alone or add to your salad or favorite veggie bowl.
- Stores well in an airtight container in a dry cupboard for up to 1 week.