The Air fryer Chuck Roast will leave your taste buds craving for more. It is tender and succulent with deep flavors captured from simple ingredients. Enjoy with the side of your choice. This recipe provides you a simpler, alternative way to make Chuck roast. You might think of Air fryer Pot Roast as a complex dish to make, but it’s actually simple with an air fryer.
Air frying is an efficient way to cook meat quickly. It prevents meat from drying out. The meat retains its moisture making it tender, juicy, and more flavorful. Try other recipes made in an air fryer like our Air fryer Haitian Griot and the Air fryer Pork Shoulder Steak.
- Place chuck roast on a large plate. Drizzle 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Then add cumin, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt. Rub all the seasonings over the entire roast.
- Preheat the air fryer for 15 minutes at 400 degrees.
- Preheat skillet or cast iron pan on medium high heat and add 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Allow oil to heat up and then place chuck roast into the cast iron pan or skillet and sear for about 2 minutes per side for color and flavor.
- Place the roast in the air fryer and set the timer for 35 minutes at 350 degrees. Half way through, turn the roast over to the other side for the remainder of the time.
- Then cook for an additional 35 minutes. Use thermometer to check for *desired doneness (see notes below).
- Allow the roast to rest at least 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
- Medium Rare -130F
- Medium – 140F
- Medium Well -150F
- Well Done – 160+F