Butter Cauliflower has quickly made it to my favorite list. The combination of spices, tomatoes, curry and butter created a delightful melody in my mouth. So if you’re vegan or trying to incorporate more veggies in your life, this one is a must! I made this dish for my mother’s 83rd birthday party and it was a hit! She LOVED it! This is my own take on this beautiful dish.
Some great things about this amazing vegetable:
- High in fiber
- Has antioxidants
- Low carb
- Can help in weight loss
It was a huge game changer when I started cooking with coconut milk. My mom is from Jamaica and she almost always added it to her rice and peas. Coconut milk makes the sauce creamy and delicious. So adding it to sauces really elevates the flavors to so many of my recipes.
- 2 large heads of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz.)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 stick butter (or vegan butter)
- 1 medium yellow onion diced
- 2 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- ½ tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1 can crushed tomatoes (28 oz.)
- ⅓ cup fresh spinach, chopped
- In a medium sized pot add olive oil, diced medium onion and garlic.
- Next add seasonings – curry, cumin, turmeric, cayenne pepper (optional) and salt.
- Sauté on medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Next add cauliflower and sauté on medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Then add the canned crushed tomatoes, and let simmer on medium low heat for 15 minutes. (add more salt to taste)
- Add coconut milk and butter and allow to simmer for 5 minutes
- Lastly, add chopped spinach, cover and remove from heat.
- Serve over rice or cauliflower rice
- Serve with naan
- Add chopped kale instead of spinach
- Add chopped fresh cilantro