This Cucumber salad recipe is a delicious side dish that goes well with practically any meal. Made with crunchy cucumbers and onions, thinly sliced and tossed with Apple Cider vinegar – makes this easy cucumber salad recipe so tangy and tasty.
This easy cucumber salad takes no time at all to prepare and it pairs well with a lot of different meals. Even though this is a German dish, it goes with Haitian dishes too, like Griot. It also goes well with Air fryer Pork, baked chicken, burgers and hot dogs too.
Can I use regular cucumbers?
Absolutely! You can also use english cucumbers if you have access to them at your local supermarket.
Should I use yellow or white onions?
Red onions not only look beautiful and are a nice contrast in color, but they also have a great taste when eaten raw. Slicing them thinly is the key to packing flavor and giving the salad the right balance. However you may use white onions for this recipe if that is all you have in your pantry.
- 2 cucumbers , peeled and thinly sliced
- ½ medium red onion , thinly sliced
- 2-3 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- ⅛ tsp crushed red pepper
- fresh ground black pepper to taste
- Kosher salt to taste
- In a large bowl add cucumbers, salt, apple cider vinegar, oregano, black pepper, red onions, and red pepper flakes. Toss and serve.
- Can be refrigerated 30 minute prior to serving.