If you love noodles, Udon noodles is worth a try. This stir fry Udon noodles recipe is quick and easy and ideal for those evenings when you are too tired to cook and want something quick for family dinner. In about 10 to 15 minutes you will have a delicious meal ready for you and your family to enjoy.
You can use meats like chicken, shrimp or pork and vegetables such as mushrooms, bell peppers and bean sprouts.
- 2 packets KAME Udon noodles (pre-cooked)
- 1 tsp Sesame oil
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 carrot (matchsticks cut or shredded)
- 2 cloves garlic , finely chopped
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- ½ cup onion (scallion) , finely sliced
- black pepper , to taste
- Place the cakes of Udon noodles into a medium size bowl and pour boiling water over the noodles and leave for 2 minutes. Use chopsticks or tongs to gently separate the noodles. When they have separated, pour the noodles into a strainer and drain and set aside.
- Heat the extra virgin olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Add onions, garlic, carrots and scallions to the pan and stir-fry until they are almost char. Then add ginger and continue to stir-fry for 2-4 minutes.
- Add the noodles, sesame seed oil, chili flakes, black pepper and soy sauce. Stir-fry for another half a minute until the sauce is covering all of the noodles. Toss through the spring onion and serve.